- Please download the Parent Consent Form, have it filled in neat, legible CAPITALS ONLY, signed by the parent(s) of the student and submit a digital photograph of the form before you submit the student artwork.
- Only digital photographs of 2-Dimensional artwork are eligible for this contest.
- NOT Eligible: Photographs, digitally created artwork and print-making using Inks
- ELIGIBLE: Drawings, paintings or collage using any of the following or multiple media
- Tempera paint, Acrylic paint, Watercolor, Liquid Watercolor, Finger paint, Powder paint, Crayons, Graphite Pencils, Colored Pencils, Oil Pastels, Chalk Pastels, Markers, Gel Pens, Chalk, Glue and Glitter Glue
Each submission must include the following -
Format for the digital photograph of the artwork -
While taking the photograph, the camera lens should be parallel to the artwork surface. Do not angle the lens as this distorts the image. Experiment with a variety of lighting to see what works best. Avoid camera flash back or images that are too dark. Fill the frame of the camera with the artwork.
For artwork that will fit on a bed of a digital scanner, scan the image at 100%.
Sargent Art requests that images are ONLY altered in the following ways -
Orientation: Work should be rotated properly so that a work is not laying on its side while viewing. Re-orientation during adjudication may not be possible, or may distort the dimensions of the image.
Cropping: Crop background other than the artwork
JPG should be captured by a 2+ mega pixel camera. Set camera for "fine" or "extra fine" resolution and not "web" or "normal"
- A digital photograph of the Parent Consent Form filled completely in neat, legible print and signed by the parent(s) of the student
- Online entry form filled completely
- Digital photograph of the student artwork in the appropriate format outlined below
- Image Print size: Each JPG file must be at least 1500 x 2100 pixels
- Image quality: Should be at 300 dpi
- File Size: Each JPG file should be no greater than 6 megabytes
Please download the Parent Consent form, fill it in neat, legible CAPITALS ONLY and signed by the parent(s) of the student and submit a digital photograph of the Parent Consent for before filling and submitting the Online Entry Form along with the student artwork
Download Parent Consent Form
- One Parent Consent form is required per student
- Multiple entries by the same student must be listed neatly on the same Parent Consent form